Saturday, March 19, 2016

Albuquerque

We liked Homolovi Ruins State Park, even with the creepy warning sign and isolation, but it was time to move onto Albuquerqe.  When we stayed at the Grand Canyon, Bob talked to our neighbors in the camp ground and they told him that they were going to the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque. My friend Sue was there a few years ago, and she really enjoyed it, so we decided to check it out too.



Albuquerqe has an Old Town, and when we were there I had fun shopping. Native Americans had stands along the square selling jewelry and art, and I bought a few things to give Jaime for Christmas.

While we were in Albuquerque we took a trip up the Sandia Peak Aerial Tranway. 2.7 miles. Up.


I hate heights, but again I followed Bob and up we went. We had a beautiful view of Albuquerque and the Rio Grande Valley from the top of 10,378 foot Sandia Peak, and the restaurant at the top had very good food, which made the ride up a little better, but we still had to go back down. I survived.

On to the Balloon Fiesta tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment