Monday, January 12, 2015

A Stop in Savannah

On our way home from Florida last year Bob asked if I wanted to stop in Savannah.  We always wanted to see Savannah, so my answer was a definite YES!
IMG_2204
We loved Savannah, and enjoyed walking through their many parks and pedestrian mall.

IMG_2212
We found a restaurant that looked like fun.  It was along the river, and we both had Dungeness crabs,.  YUM!

IMG_2223
This building is now a restaurant, but it’s one of the oldest buildings in the city.

IMG_2227
The little bridges across this street were there for cotton inspectors to check the cotton as it passed underneath.

IMG_2233
This guy is fixing the taffy roller.  That’s a huge cylinder of taffy in the back.

IMG_2236
Here I am with Juliet Low, the founder of Girl Scouts.  I’m on the left.

IMG_2240
I really liked this huge cactus in Juliet's garden.  She must have had a green thumb.

IMG_2245
Savannah's squares are all beautiful.  I didn’t take pictures of all of them, just a few,

IMG_2252
IMG_2247
 IMG_2259
I love yellow houses, and this one was especially appealing to me.

IMG_2260
Another square,

IMG_2261
IMG_2262
IMG_2263
I’m pretty sure that this is the fountain they told us came from the Sears Roebuck Catalog!  

IMG_2265
I loved the gargling ducks!

IMG_2268
This is just another pretty house.  We really had a good time in Savannah, it’s a beautiful city.  Too bad I lost my prescription sunglasses there!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment