Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Surprise Visit!!

Beth’s job requires a good bit of travel, and we always hope to get a call asking us to come and pick her up at the airport when we're in our camper.  Well, we were at Fort Wilderness when we got the call this time, so we drove to near Tampa to pick her up after her meeting.  After we picked Beth up we met Jaime, Conner, and Katie for an ice cream treat, and I had my camera with me so I’d have a chance to take some pictures of all of us together.  Unfortunately, my camera stayed in the truck, and even Jaime, who’s always taking pictures with her phone, forgot the photo op!!   Next time.

IMG_0344
We decided it would be fun to visit Hollywood Studios with Beth. 

IMG_0345
Here we are with my camera, now safely strapped to my body so I don’t forget it again.

IMG_0352
Bob and Beth went on The Tower of Terror, and Rockin’ Roller Coaster, but I volunteered to wait.  Nope, I’m not afraid!  Someone has to take the pictures.  Honest!

IMG_0365
After we saw everything we wanted to see at Hollywood Studios we headed over to Epcot where Beth and I went on Mission to Mars, twice.  Bob waited and had some ice cream (his excuse), while we rode both the tamed down version of the ride and the real thing.  It was great!

IMG_0367
Soarin’ was really busy so we got fast passes and had dinner at the Moroccan Pavilion.  The food was delicious and the dancer was very entertaining.

Beth stayed two nights and we tried to do as much as we could while she was there.  We went to two parks, rode our bikes, went to the campfire, walked, talked, and packed as much as we could into her short stay.  We hated to take her to the airport, but she promised she’d give us another call to pick her up again, and we can’t wait!  We know you’d love Maine, and Acadia National Park, Beth!

1 comment:

  1. How nice that you're getting to see your family while you are enjoying the nice warm weather in the south. It is still so cold here. Easter was even cold with rain included. The kids had there Easter egg hunt inside Matt and Ryann's house. There were some really interesting places to hide eggs. See you when you return.

    ReplyDelete